Monday, January 04, 2010

to give up your life

retweeted from Todd Agnew who retweeted from Steve Timmis (@stimmis)

  1. "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." Jesus Christ 
  2. If I'm not prepared to jeopardise a friendship so that I can tell others about Christ, I can be fairly certain I won't give up my life.
  3. If I'm not prepared to miss out on promotion so I can stay & help plant churches, I can be fairly certain I won't give up my life...
  4. If I'm not willing to pursue people who are different from me in order to bless them, I can be failry certain I won't give up my life...
  5. If I refuse to give up a holiday abroad so I can support someone in gospel ministry. I can be fairly confident I won't give up my life...
  6. If I'm not prepared to give up my bed to go and serve someone, I can be fairly confident I won't give up my life...
  7. Can't ultimately be sure until I'm called on to do so. But there are indicators in what I am reluctant to give up...

No comments: