Friday, October 05, 2007

Thankfulness list

The RevGalBlogPals Friday Five this week is a list of five things ("people, places, graces, miracles...") for which one is thankful. Hard to keep it to five today, but here goes:

1) Disposable income. I was able to treat soon-to-be-married Music Minister and some of her girlfriends to high tea yesterday, which gave me great pleasure (and her a few moments of peace and frivolity).

2) Companion animals. Tanq on the lap, snoring. Jamba on the laptop case, which is on top of the portfolio, which is on top of numerous unread magazines, on top of diversity training materials for my other gig, on my desk, in the sun.

3) The wonderful husband. A gift from God, undeserved and unearned. And Heather, Laveille, Jeff, John and distant ballast of all friend kinds.

4) My church community. After nearly five years you continue to amaze and inspire me.

5) God's rescue from the sucking muck. Him lying on his belly on dry land, reaching an arm into the ooze just to pull me to safety. Over and over again. And the many, many packages in which that grace appears. Including all of the above.

6 comments:

DogBlogger said...

Very good list! Way to play the F5!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

leah said...

Oh, your list makes me cry; really and truly beautiful--thanks!

Terri said...

High tea, oh my, sounds divine! Good list of thankfulnesses!

Unknown said...

What a great list, Elane! Isn't it wonderful to pause and take stock?

Processing Counselor said...

Thank you for your play. Let's have high tea.

Cheryl FM said...

That tea was absolutely wonderful, and absolutely what I needed most - THANK YOU! :)